Excel Intermediate Class
With an impressive array of automated functions and tools to display data graphically, Microsoft Excel is the premier spreadsheet software application used by businesses, organizations and professionals worldwide. AcademyX's Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 training covers the powerful set of features which will enable you to accomplish more with this industry-standard application. Our Microsoft Excel classes have been crafted to help you develop skill with both Excel 2007 and Excel 2010. As a result, this hands-on class will prepare you to link workbooks to manage larger data sets, employ advanced formatting techniques on tables and charts, create custom filters to target specific data for analysis and allow multiple users to work on a spreadsheet while protecting critical data from deletion. Your instructor brings a wealth of experience using these advanced Excel techniques, and will work with you to make sure you leave class with a new set of skills ready to apply immediately.
Linking Workbooks to Manage Large Interconnected Data Sets
- Use 3-D formulas to link multiple workbooks.
- Reference cells and ranges in other workbooks accurately ... on the first try!)
- Implement best practices for easy maintenance of linked workbooks.
Formatting Techniques: Beyond the Basics
- Combine functions and styles to format text.
- Automatically standardize the display format of numbers and text.
- Apply a theme for a consistent appearance between spreadsheets and other Microsoft Office documents and presentations.
- Quickly convert a row into a column and vice versa.
- Add background images and watermarks to a spreadsheet.
Managing and Manipulating Table Data
- Consolidate lists into collapsable outlines for simplified viewing.
- Target specific data for analysis with sorting and filtering
- Create powerful data filters with multiple criteria.
- Maintain data integrity with data validation and structured references.
Using Advanced Chart and Graphing Options
- Understand the powerful (and complex) chart formatting options.
- Create custom charts which combine two or more chart types.
- Make important features in charts stand out by including graphic elements.
Auditing, Collaborating and Securing Spreadsheet Data
- Test formulas and trace errors with Error Checking and Auditing tools.
- Include cell comments for increased usability and collaboration.
- Prevent accidental or deliberate data deletion by protecting specific portions of a workbook.
- Permit multiple users to edit a spreadsheet simultaneously, without creating inconsistencies.
Creating, Modifying and Using Excel Templates and Settings
- Quickly find the best built-in spreadsheet template for your needs.
- Design Excel templates with scalability and usability in mind.
- Understand how application settings affect Excel's functioning.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Ribbon.
- Understanding of cell references, formulas and functions.
Intermediate Excel classes are offered at four locations::