Flash ActionScript Training Class
ActionScript breathes life into the Adobe Flash platform by providing a powerful scripting language with which rich Internet applications can be built and integrated into Flash animations. This ActionScript training will prepare you to build sophisticated applications which can be used in almost any context. Upon completing this course, you will gain expertise writing ActionScript code in order create a highly-responsive user experience with intelligent responses and the rich, streaming media for which Flash is known. AcademyX's ActionScript training is delivered by an Adobe-Certified Instructor with combined experience in designing Flash animation and in web programming to help you apply your new skills immediately after completing the training.
Navigating the Flash Timeline and Incorporating ActionScript
- Understand of the essential programming concepts as used in ActionScript.
- Identify significant locations in the Flash timeline with reference labels.
- Place ActionScript code at specific points on the timeline.
Understanding and Handling Events in ActionScript
- Continuously monitor for user input with ActionScript "event listeners."
- Write functions to respond to keyboard or mouse activity.
- Design clickable navigation controls.
Loading and Pre-loading Flash Content
- Integrate multiple files into a single Flash project.
- Allow the user to select images from an external "gallery" file.
- Employ a Flash simulator to test projects at varying connectivity levels.
- Display progress of loading content.
Controlling the Animation with Loops, Arrays and Conditional Statements
- Automate and control the repetition of ActionScript with 'for' loops.
- Create arrays to store, reference and track lists of values.
- Perform selected actions only when certain conditions are met.
- Add or remove graphical elements, streaming media and other user controls.
Integrating Sound and Video with ActionScript
- Incorporate "sliders" and other easily recognized audio and video controls.
- Use ActionScript to trigger sounds in response to specific user actions.
- Enrich the user experience with a fully interactive "soundscape."
- Insert, edit or remove video captions.
- Enable full screen video in a browser window.
Animating with ActionScript
- Allow users to control incredibly realistic Inverse Kinematics (IK) "bone-and-joint" armatures.
- Incorporate video from a user's webcam into animations.
- Determine whether two objects are "touching" so that the animation will respond appropriately.
- Create, test and refine sophisticated visual effects using Adobe Pixel Bender.
Creating Stand-Alone Adobe AIR Applications with Flash and ActionScript
- Author cross-platform desktop applications with Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR).
- Enable ActionScript to interact directly with the user's operating system.
- Assign a custom icon to an AIR application.
- Deploy and install an AIR application on personal computers and mobile devices.
- Flash Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
- Prior programming experience helpful, but not required.
ActionScript classes are offered at four locations: