InDesign Advanced Training
Adobe InDesign offers graphics an unparalleled ability to create visually-rich documents for print publishing, or interactive documents and presentations to be published online. This InDesign Advanced training class covers the powerful typographical and design capabilities of this industry-standard software application, so that you can create sophisticated layouts for virtually any medium, streamline your design work with InDesign's productivity and collaboration features, and seamlessly integrate finished products with any number of graphics, Internet and digital reading applications. Working with an Adobe-Certified Instructor, you will attain the level of practical expertise necessary to accomplish more with InDesign.
Streamlining the InDesign Workflow
- Harness the power of document presets, placeholders and templates.
- Merge data from spreadsheets or a database to create multiple, customized versions of an InDesign document.
- Use conditional text to accommodate multiple target audiences with a single document or presentation.
- Effortlessly manage assets stored locally or on a server with the links panel
Managing Colors for Professional Results
- Understand the nuances of color printing to prepare the finished product for the commercial printing environment.
- Increase the number of available colors without increasing the number of separations with mixed ink swatches.
- Use included color-matching system libraries for the best printing results at the lowest cost.
Optimizing Print Settings for Professional Quality
- "Preflight" documents to ensure maximum quality print output.
- Ensure predictable and consistent color using composite proofs.
- Apply saved print presets to confidently manage different types of print jobs, or jobs which output to different printers.
- Export error-free documents to PDF "in the background" as you continue to work.
Inserting Audio, Video, and Interactive Controls
- Lay out presentation pages in InDesign with text, graphics, audio, video and navigation controls.
- Enhance your documents and presentations with video, animation and interactive controls.
- Convert your works into a variety of multimedia formats, including PDF, SWF, XHTML and XML.
- Basic Mac or Windows skills: copying/pasting, right-clicking (contextual menus), finding files, switching between programs, exploring windows
- InDesign Fundamentals or equivalent work experience
Advanced InDesign classes are offered at four locations::