PMP Exam Preparation Course
About the Program
This intensive exam preparation workshop will provide a roadmap for how to pass the Project Management Institute's (PMI®'s) Project Management Professional (PMP®) examination. The workshop is kept up to date with the framework of knowledge outlined by PMI's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). AcademyX instructors will share test-taking tips and study strategies, and they will review critical materials that will directly assist you in passing the PMP exam. The course includes a comprehensive workbook and a sample exam and includes the August 2015 exam update.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for individuals who need to prepare for the PMP certification exam as quickly and effectively as possible or for those who have completed their educational requirements and need a “refresher” course before taking the PMP exam.
Becoming a Project Management Professional
- Understand the Benefits of a PMP Certification.
- Learn the ins-and-outs of the certfication process.
- Obtain a copy of the ProjectManagementIQ® software application to learn the material and prepare for the exam.
Exploring the Project Management Framework
- Understand project management as an integrated system.
- Identify stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Define key terms in the PMBoK® Guide: process groups, knowledge areas, process model.
Understanding the Essentials of Project Planning
- Manage Project Integration within the Organization and Beyond
- Verify and control scope while managing scope creep.
- Successfully implement activity planning from Work Breakdown Statement (WBS) to Project Schedule.
- Evaluate competing demands on time and resources.
- Define project success and develop a project charter.
- Understand the value of key project management deliverables.
Managing Project Planning from Multiple Perspectives
- Employ best practices in cost management and estimation.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC).
- Know the major contributors to the "Quality movement."
- Gain an understanding of the relationship between human resource management and project management as a whole.
- Understand the complex constraints affecting HR planning.
- Examine the role of leadership and team building in project management.
Monitoring and Controlling a Project Throughout the Project Life Cycle
- Identify project stakeholders and manage expectations.
- Understand the effect of various communication styles and behaviors on stakeholder management.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative risk analyses.
- Plan risk responses, both positive and negative.
- Understand the essentials of procurement management.
- Implement effective evaluation criteria and negotiation strategies.
Demonstrating Professional and Social Responsibility as a PMP
- Learn the Project Management Institute's code of ethics and professional conduct.
- Exhibit responsibility, respect, fairness and honesty in every aspect of project management.
Preparing to Take the PMP Exam
- Know the PMP certification process and eligibility requirements.
- Understand the PMP credential examination.
- Candidates for PMI's PMP certification, if they have a Bachelor’s degree, must have 4,500 hours of project management experience over three years. With no BA degree, candidates must have 7,500 hours of project management experience over five years.