SF Bay Area
Price: $0 for one evening
Time: 9am - 4pm
Held at: 601 Montgomery St. #409
San Francisco, CA 94111
Onsite training available
1-on-1 training available
Call us for details
(free) Careers in the Web - San Francisco
In this free workshop, we will show you some of the typical paths to follow to get into a career in web design or development. We cover three types of jobs: web designers, programmers, and marketers. Whether you are looking for a part- or full-time job, or if you prefer self-employment, there are distinct avenues to reach your goal.
What web designers need to know:
- Applications: Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks/Photoshop
- Languages: HTML, CSS
- Hot topics and specialty niches
What web programmers need to know:
- Databases: SQL Server vs. MySQL vs. others
- Web servers: Apache vs. IIS
What web marketers need to know:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Google's algorithm, site/page structure, and inbound links
- Pay-per-Click Advertising (PPC): Google AdWords, contextual advertising, banner ads, affiliate programs, and pay-for-performance variations
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Ning, etc.
- Metrics: return on investment (ROI), sales funnels, bounce rates, etc.
- As an employee: Job web sites, job hunting strategies, developing a portfolio, and interview tips
- As a contractor: Getting clients, managing projects, partnering
- As an entrepreneur: Successful business models, areas in demand, etc.
Careers in the Web Training Reviews:
/5 based on
23 student reviews.
"Good overview; gives a high-level view of prospective web careers especially for those transitioning from other fields."
- Emeline Contreras
, Careers in the Web Training
"I loved it. Great information. Simple. Easy to understand. VERY usable tips and concepts."
- Kory Hayden
, Saint Mary's College
"Good and informative."
- Charlene Estiva
, Prometheus Real Estate