SF Bay Area
Price: $995 for two days
Time: 9am - 4pm
Held at: 601 Montgomery St. #409
San Francisco, CA 94111
Onsite training available
1-on-1 training available
Call us for details
Perl Advanced - San Francisco
Our advanced Perl course in San Francisco targets the topics that add tremendous power to the language but can be hard to understand: pattern-matching, modules, references, and object-oriented programming.
Combining these tools enables you, for example, to use a Perl module to connect to and manipulate data in a database.
This Perl training is the last two days of the five-day Perl bootcamp in San Francisco . In this course, we teach you to:
- Use pattern-matching to see if a pattern is contained in a chunk of text
- Retrieve the instance of the pattern that was found and perform replacements on it
- Find one or more, or even zero or more, instances of a pattern
- Create references and anonymous references: single-value variables referring to the memory location of other variables or subroutines
- Dereference references to retrieve a value or call a subroutine
- Write object-oriented syntax in Perl scripts that use object-oriented modules
- Create your own modules with the "package" statement
- Create methods and properties for your module's objects
- Find and install modules from ActiveState's extensive module repository
- Connect to, query and update databases using the DBI module
- Output a database recordset as XML
- and much more! See full outline for our advanced Perl course
Perl Advanced Course Reviews:
/5 based on
65 student reviews.
"It's very good and will be useful for my work in our company."
- Chandran Nagarajan
, Williams-Sonoma Inc.
"Excellent as always."
- Allen Curtis
, Northrop Grumman
"Excellent... Great instructor.. Learned a lot in class."
- David Juarez
, Perl Advanced Course in San Francisco
* Note: This class description is for our advanced Perl course in San Francisco. We also offer our advanced Perl course in San Jose, Sacramento, and Los Angeles.