Altova Boot Camp
This five-day bootcamp is composed of 6 separate classes covering Altova's XML applications (www.altova.com). The first two days are devoted to XMLSpy. The third day covers SchemaAgent. The fourth day introduces you to StyleVision and UModel and on the last day we show you SemanticWorks and MapForce.
This bootcamp in San Francisco will show you how to efficiently use Altova's XML software products:
- XMLSpy® You will work with the industry best-selling XML editor and development environment and learn how to model, edit, transform and debug XML-related technologies (well-formed XML, schema/DTD, ...). You will use the graphical schema designer, the code generator, file converters, debuggers, profilers, full database integrator.
- SchemaAgent® This class will provide you an overview and strategies for using XML-related technologies with relationships. You will be able to manage multiple schemas and build relationships between XML Schemas, XML instance documents, XSLT files, and WSDL files. You will learn how to view files used in Altova MapForce data mapping projects â€“ across a project, an intranet, or even an enterprise.
- UModel® You will learn how to visually design application models in UML and generate Java, C#, or Visual Basic .NET code and project documentation. We will also teach you reverse engineering in order to create UML 2 diagrams from existing programs, then fine-tune your designs and complete the round trip by regenerating code. UModel is the UML tool that makes visual software design practical for any project. It is the simple, cost-effective way to create UML.
- SemanticWorks® With Altova SemanticWorks you will use the OWL editor and other ontology-based methods to create semantic databases with XML. You will graphically design RDF instance documents, RDFS vocabularies, and OWL ontologies, then output them in either RDF/XML or N-Triples formats. SemanticWorks makes the job easy with tabs for instances, properties, classes, etc., context-sensitive entry helpers, automatic format checking, and more.
- MapForce® With MapForce you will learn how to use the any-to-any graphical data mapping, conversion, and integration tool that maps data between any combination of XML, database, flat file, EDI, Excel, XBRL, and/or Web service, then transforms data instantly or autogenerates royalty-free data integration code for the execution of recurrent conversions.
- Understanding of XML, XSLT, DTDs, and Schemas