Influencing Without Authority
Perhaps no topic has garnered more curiosity in recent years than how to build influence in an organization. This is especially true for those who work in flatter, matrixed organizations where getting work done often depends on the support of others. Influencing Without Authority will show you a clear, actionable model for growing your influence, deepening your relationships, and getting more done.
- Learn to apply a four-step process for influencing others
- Discover how to build a foundation for influencing others
- Communicate your objective using a balance of logic and emotion
- Learn how and when to time your request
- Explore the difference between influence and authority
- Earn influence by building and managing better relationships
- Know your objective
- Understand your audience
- Use emotion/logic and push/pull to communicate your objective
- 4 methods to influence
- Kairos, timing is everything
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is for anyone who needs to enroll the efforts and support of others, even when they are not required to help you. Project managers or those who run projects as well as those who work on cross-functional teams or need help influencing 'laterally' in their organization will benefit from this course.