IoT Training (Internet of Things)
This course introduces the application and the principles behind the Internet of Things (IoT). The course covers the infrastructure-related architectures, technologies and protocol frameworks that enable IoT. The course will expose the participants to the use of these technologies for various applications.
What you will learn:
- Overview of IoT domain related to hardware, operating systems and Web IoT protocols.
- Building blocks and schematic of IoT such as sensors, hardware, and cloud components
- Cloud IoT platforms available such as AWS IoT, IBM Bluemix, and Microsoft Azure.
- How to design and develop IoT applications
Course Description:This course introduces:
- The design principles of the Internet of Things (IoT) and its devices.
- Infrastructure-related architectures, technologies and protocol frameworks that aim at enabling the formation of highly distributed and ubiquitous networks.
- The different levels of the IoT stack and also will learn to map those concepts with the OSI model by means of access layer (including sensor, vehicular, and cellular networks for machine-to-machine communication) and network layer (with particular emphasis on IPv6-based solutions), and analyze their performance.
- Technologies and protocols at the service and application layers, which enable the integration of embedded devices in web-based, distributed applications.
- The IP for Smart Objects motivation and main challenges, IEEE 802.15.4, MQTT and Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) features, interaction model, packet format, messages and request/response sublayers.
Workshop Outcomes:At the end of this course, attendees will demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand what IoT technologies are used for today and what is required in certain scenarios.
- Understand the types of technologies that are available and in use today and can be utilized to implement IoT solutions.
- Demonstrate understanding of network layer support of IoT.
- Demonstrate understanding of IoT and major machine-to-machine (M2M) communication protocols.
- Design an end-to-end IoT project with all the possible components.
- Characterize the Internet of Things (IoT) and enumerate its distinctive characteristics.