Java 5-Day Boot Camp Training
First released in 1995, Java has become one of the most widely-distributed programming languages present on nearly three billion personal computers, mobile phones, and other handheld devices worldwide. AcademyX's Java Training Boot Camp offers those with some programming experience an intensive, hands-on experience with Java. Over the course of this Java training class, you will gain proficiency with the various technologies and environments in which Java applications are developed and run. The training will enable you to write, compile, test and troubleshoot Java programs. This course also covers Java Database Connectivity (JDBC), so that you will be able to write applications which interact smoothly with MySQL, SQL Server, or Oracle databases.
Understanding the Java Platform
- Use the Java Software Development Kit.
- Use a Java Virtual Machine to run Java programs on computer and in browser.
- Write programs, compile them, and run in the Java Run-Time Environment.
Writing Efficient Code by Understanding the Object-Oriented Paradigm
- Construct Java Classes, Objects, Methods and Properties which are easy to modify and debug.
- Gain an appreciation for Java's strict rules regarding the creation of objects and methods.
- Limit variable scope for optimum application performance.
- Use Java packages to organize your classes for added encapsulation.
Mastering Java Syntax and Conventions for Rapid Application Development
- Organize statements into meaningful blocks of code and add comments when necessary to facilitate future revisions.
- Optimize the use of variables and method calls.
- Gain familiarity with common compile and run-time errors.
Designing GUI Applications with Swing
- Give Java applications the unique cross-platform look and feel.
- Rapidly create sophisticated interface controls without making significant changes to the application code.
- Modify almost any aspect of a Swing component's appearance with precision.
- Master the complexities of debugging Swing applications.
Optimizing Resource Usage and Enhancing Application Reliability
- Understand how variables and data types impact the allocation of memory.
- Understand how in earlier versions, "primitive" data types were used in an Object-Oriented environment.
- Construct Java classes for maximum application reliability, simplified program maintenance, and easier division of work among teams of developers.
- Use constructors to construct instances and know when to apply method overloading techniques.
Coding for Faster Execution and Efficiency
- Process user input and text literals with StringBuilder.
- Simplify operation performance by creating and manipulating Java arrays.
- Understand the nuances of Java expressions and operator precedence.
- Use looping, branching and switching control flow statements effectively for clearer, more efficient code.
- Reduce system complexity and safeguard Java classes with specifiers and qualifiers.
Minimizing Duplication of Effort with Java Inheritance and Interfaces
- Streamline the time-consuming process of creating Java classes by using the concept of inheritance.
- Construct a hierarchy of Java classes and methods which parallels real-world concepts for more meaningful results.
- Exact greater control over your object model with advanced techniques, such as overriding methods and dynamic method binding.
- Create interfaces to extend Java's implementation of the inheritance concept.
- Facilitate data sharing by grouping classes into logical packages.
Querying and Updating Databases with JDBC
- Navigate the broad set of JDBC Technology Drivers and identify the right drivers for your needs.
- Set the appropriate parameters for a driver-specific connection string.
- Master the Structured Query Language (SQL) statements of greatest use to the Java programmer.
- Minimize network traffic and repetitive programming tasks for database processing with stored procedures.
Working Smarter with Eclipse IDE
- Accelerate the software development process with Eclipse Integrated Development Environment.
- Benefit from Eclipse syntax highlighting.
- Understand Eclipse projects and use them to your advantage.
Java Class Reviews:
"I just finished a week long intensive Java Fundamentals class at AcademyX. The primary instuctor for the course, Ruven, is a phenomenal teacher. I have never clicked with a tech class as well as I did this week. The pacing was engaging, the instruction clear, and troubleshooting helpful."
- student, Java training in San Francisco
"Very organized and professionally presented. The instructor was very good at helping each student."
- student, AcademyX San Francisco