Introduction to Drupal Training
Drupal is a popular, open-source Content Management Platform equipped with a powerful blend of features. AcademyX's Introduction to Drupal training class will prepare you to harness the power of Drupal to publish, manage and organize the content of your company website, blog or personal home page. Our instructors draw on years of experience with web design, web development and web content management systems, enabling them to provide you with the context and real-world experience necessary to make the most of this robust technology, right away.
Rapidly Building and Launching a Drupal Site
- Set up Drupal with a minimum of technical expertise.
- Understand the different types of Drupal Content: Blocks, Modules, Panels and Views.
- Architect the website to gain maximum benefit from Drupal's powerful features.
- Download and install contributed modules from the Drupal community.
Efficiently Creating and Managing Drupal Site Content
- Create, edit and manage an ongoing flow of content, from draft form to archived pages.
- Incorporate search capabilities into your site.
- Understand how to use Drupal's taxonomy for optimum usability and searchability, even in a high-volume website.
Growing and Managing a Community Around Your Drupal Site
- Understand the risks and the rewards of user-generated content.
- Enable a level of interactivity -- forums, blogs, web forms, polls -- to meet your needs and level of comfort.
- Streamline the creation of user accounts and minimize effort toward administrative tasks.
- Moderate comments and content generated by other users, using Drupal alerts for swift notification of new content.
Understanding and Using Blocks: Drupal's Elemental Unit of Site Content
- Control where, when and how each block will appear within the site.
- Build new blocks from scratch, to meet your specific needs.
- Download and integrate community-contributed blocks into your Drupal site.
- Reassign, reconfigure and deactivate blocks, to accommodate the changing needs of your website.
Enhancing Site Functionality with Modules
- Download, install, test and configure Drupal modules.
- Set permissions on modules, to limit the use of certain features.
- Find, install and modify a contributed module to build the site's functionality around your specific needs.
Customizing Your Site with Themes
- Find, install, modify and apply a Drupal theme.
- Theme certain elements of a site, such as the footer or individual nodes and blocks.
- Use a branded theme with a sitename and logo.
- Employ theming tools to build and manage themes more efficiently.
Simplifying Drupal Site Administration
- Back up a Drupal site with a minimum of repetitive effort.
- Understand how to review log files ... before there is an emergency.
- Manage user account requests and check for site content updates.
- Ability to write HTML code.
- Knowledge of CSS preferred.