Visual Studio Boot Camp
Visual Studio is Mirosoft's flagship integrated development environemt -- an application that helps you create your own software applications and web sites using Microsoft's two popular programming languages: VB.Net and C#.
By the end of our Visual Studio training in San Francisco, students will be able to:
- Explain the most important elements of the .NET Framework and Visual Studio.
- Design and code basic Windows Forms applications.
- Implement basic programming concepts in C# and VB.Net in the context of Visual Studio such as variables, conditionals, and loops
- See how object-oriented concepts are implemented in Visual Studio
- Create simple object-oriented applications using classes and class instances.
- Build visual user interfaces with menus, OK/cancel buttons, and input fields.
- Restrict and validate user input for single fields and entire forms.
- Handle errors on-the-fly while your application is running
- Use the built-in debugger to watch variable values and see when lines of code are being executed.
- View database tables from within Visual Studio.
- Programmatically retrieve data from a database and display it in datagrids using ADO.NET and the XmlReader class.
- Write code that inserts, updates, and deletes records in a database.
- Design ASP.Net web sites that use VB.Net or C# code
- Create web services that take input parameters and return results using XML
- Understand the .NET Framework version 3.0 technologies and how they work together.
- Design, test and deploy .NET Framework applications.
- ...and much more! See the full outline from Microsoft.
- Experience with at least one other programming language
- Familiarity with HTML is recommended but not required