Online Live Excel Training
Learn Excel formulas, functions, charts and more. We offer different levels of basic Excel training and advanced Excel training in topics such as Pivot Tables and VBA. Excel classes can be taken online with a live instructor or in-person at our San Francisco, Sacramento, San Jose, Los Angeles, and San Diego facilities. The curriculums focus on practical application of Excel in a business context, sprinkled with useful tips & tricks and best practices.
Learn Excel basics: navigating the interface, creating spreadsheets, working with formulas and functions, presenting data with charts and graphs.
- Spreadsheet basic concepts
- Navigating the Excel interface
- Creating new files and opening existing ones
- Entering and editing data
- Modifying rows and columns within worksheets
- Defining formulas referencing specific cells
- Absolute vs. relative references
- Using common functions
- Changing the look of the text, cells, and layout
- How to print and share the Excel workbook
- Basic charts
- Using templates and other settings
Price: $295 for 6 hours.
Mar 9 9am - 4pm day - register
Mar 30 9am - 4pm day - register
Apr 20 9am - 4pm day - register
In this Excel course, you will be working with the features most commonly used in business. Before taking this class you should be comfortable creating spreadsheets with formulas using cell references, such as those used in expense reports, financial statements, or sales data.
- Defining formulas that link between workbooks
- Sorting and filtering data
- Using the conditional formatting functions
- Grouping and subtotaling data in a table
- Using conditional formatting to highlight certan cells
- Inserting graphics into your spreadsheet
- Creating advanced charts and modifying their look and feel
- PivotTables and PivotCharts and how to maximize their use
- Sharing your workbook with other users for simultaneous editing
- Web features
Price: $295 for 6 hours.
Mar 10 9am - 4pm day - register
Mar 31 9am - 4pm day - register
Apr 21 9am - 4pm day - register
Excel Lookups, Functions and Macros
This training highlights the most-often used advanced Excel features found in sophisticated spreadsheets with multiple dependencies, conditional logic, and user interactivity.
- Using IF, SUMIF, and COUNTIF to process data based on rules
- Using the VLOOKUP, INDEX and MATCH functions to find data in related worksheets
- Auditing: how to find errors using tracing, IFERROR, and other functions
- Defining arrays and using array functions to work with groups of data
- Advanced functions for manipulating dates, times, text
- Statistical and financial functions
- Importing external data from the web
- Scenarios using goal seek, scenario manager and input data tables
- Using the Analysis Toolpack for correlations and histograms
- Recording and replaying macros and basic VBA code
- Creating a form with buttons to add interactivity to your spreadsheet
Price: $350 for 6 hours.
Mar 11 9am - 4pm day - register
Apr 1 9am - 4pm day - register
Apr 22 9am - 4pm day - register
Microsoft Excel Training Reviews:
Rated 4.9/5 based on 18353 student reviews.
Great. Useful info and the instructor kept it interesting and lively all day. Frequently asked questions to make sure content was relevant to our needs.
- Lorraine King, Bender Rosenthal, Sacramento
It was super informative and I learned a lot and the speed was perfect.
- Jennifer Starkey, Blue Shield of CA, El Dorado Hills
Fun, very thorough and knowledgeable.
- Meredyth Knott, Golden Gate Transit, San Rafael
The training was excellent.
- DeWanna Dunn, BART, Hayward
Excellent articulation, communication. Great information. Perfect delivery of pertinent information.
- Laura Moreno, BART, Oakland
Very good intro calss that will assist me in my job.
- Villarreal Genaro, City of San Jose, San Jose
Very informative and helpful. The instructor was very knowledgeable and humorous which helps make the learning process a lot easier.
- Ngoc Trinh, Stanford Health Care, Menlo Park
GREAT. I ;earned some shortcuts but knew going into this training I was not a beginner so I am looking to take the intermediate class.
- Tamara Avilla