Excel Training in Sacramento
Develop your Excel skills and be more proficient by learning formulas, functions, charts and more. We offer multiple levels of basic Excel courses as well as advanced Excel training in topics such as Pivot Tables and VBA. All our Excel classes can be taken in-person at our Sacramento training center, or online with a live instructor. Focusing on practical applications of Excel in a business context, you can immediately take the skills you learn and apply it to your everyday work.
Get up to speed with Excel basics: learning the menu system, creating spreadsheets, organizing data, performing calculations with formulas and functions.
- Navigate Excel's "ribbon" menu interface
- Create a spreadsheet to organize data
- Format fonts, colors, styles and themes
- Perform basic calculations between cells
- Correctly reference cells so formulas still work when you insert rows
- Apply functions like AVERAGE(), MIN(), MAX(), and SUM()
- Designate print areas, page breaks, headers and footers
- Create and format bar and pie charts
- Generate instances of built-in Excel templates
- and much more! See the full outline for Excel Intro training.
Price: $295 for 6 hours.
Mar 17 8am - 4pm day - register
Mar 26 8am - 4pm day - register
Apr 16 8am - 4pm day - register
Apr 28 8am - 4pm day - register
Learn the Excel tools for data analysis and presentation. Before taking this class you should be comfortable creating spreadsheets with formulas using cell references, such as those used in expense reports, financial statements, or sales data.
- Managing Workbooks: Names, colors, and inter-linking between them
- Customizing the Ribbon and Quick Access toolbar
- Creating Meaningful "Named Ranges" and "Defined Names"
- Sorting and Filtering Data Tables
- Removing Duplicates
- Structured References
- Data Validation, including Dropdown Lists
- Summarizing Data with Consolidation and Subtotals
- PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Conditional Formatting
- Custom Formats
- Adding Trendlines and Sparklines
- Using Quick Analysis Gallery
- Collaboration: Permissions, Sharing, and Protection
- and much more! See full outline for Excel Intermediate training
Price: $295 for 6 hours.
Mar 19 8am - 4pm day - register
Apr 3 8am - 4pm day - register
Apr 22 8am - 4pm day - register
Apr 27 8am - 4pm day - register
Excel Lookups, Functions and Macros
Learn the most-often used advanced Excel features often found in business spreadsheets with multiple dependencies, conditional logic and user interactivity.
- Logical Functions: IF(), AND/OR() and NOT()
- Decision-making Functions: COUNTIF() and SUMIF()
- Looking up Values: INDEX() and MATCH() versus VLOOKUP()
- Auditing, Tracing and Error-Trapping
- Array Formulas for Processing Data Groups
- Date and Time Functions
- Text Manipulation Functions
- Statistical and Forecast Functions
- PowerPivot for Processing Data from External Connections
- Cube Functions
- What-If Analysis: Watches, Scnearios, Goal Seek, and the Analysis ToolPak
- Macros And VBA
- Designing Forms with Buttons for User Interactivity
- Internationalization And Accessibility
- and much more! See full outline for Excel Lookups, Functions, and Macros training
Price: $350 for 6 hours.
No classes scheduled. Get a quote for private training.
Microsoft Excel Training Reviews:
Rated 4.9/5 based on 18353 student reviews.
Good traning, I knew a lot of the features, but learned a lot of key commands and tricks to make things faster. I recommend this class for any level and look forward to the next two classes.
- Amber Ostrander, Contractors State License Board, Sacramento
The training was excellent. Learned tons of shortcuts and quick tools to make my spreadsheets better. It was very easy to follow and the teacher was very knowledgeable in all topics. He stayed focused and we covered all the material in the entire textbook.
- Tamica Ward, Heald College Online
The class was an amazing experience. I learned a lot with an instructor that was very knowledgeable and friendly.
- Alec Cohen, Carmichael
I liked the small class size which gives you more one on one instruction. Very informative.
- Cindy Keith, Zions Bancorp
Amazing! His training techniques are one of a kind! I learned way more than I anticipated!
- Hannah Burns, Clifford Benefits Group, Roseville
Excellent! Very informative, useful information. Instructor's enthusiasm made the class very enjoyable.
- Jamey Nye, Cosumnes River College
Awesome. Best computer training I have had. Easy to follow, fun and well organized!
- Jenny Tucker
Really loved this class!! Instructor made learning so much fun and I can actually use what I learned. AcademyX presents a lively and fun atmosphere in which to learn.