- Understand the current state of HTML5 adoption and the ability of each browser to handle HTML5 content.
- Master techniques to implement HTML5 features... even those which the browsers don't support.
- Understand how HTML5 features function on mobile devices, including Android phones, the iPhone and the iPad.
- Provide location-specific information and services with the HTML5 Geolocation API.
- Enable web application users to continue working offline, edit and format content and intuitively "drag and drop" objects displayed on screen.
- Create a "drawable" region of the webpage using the canvas tag.
- Capture image data from videos within HTML5's new <video> tag, and perform pixel-level manipulation on web page images.
- Gain experience creating Scalable Vector Graphics, and learn when it is more efficient than using the HTML's new canvas tags.
- Design Rich Internet Applications (RIA) which continue to operate with or without connectivity.
- Provide real-time data to the user without frequent page refreshes using Web Sockets and Server-Sent events.
- Perform complex tasks without interrupting the user's activity on the site using HTML5 Web Workers.
Rated 4.8/5 based on 22 student reviews.