Excel Training in San Francisco
Learn Excel formulas, functions, charts and more. We offer multiple levels of basic Excel training as well as advanced Excel training in topics such as Pivot Tables and VBA. Excel classes can be taken in-person at our downtown SF classroom, or online with a live instructor. Training focuses on practical application of Excel in a business context, sprinkled with useful tips & tricks and best practices.
Learn Excel basics: navigating the interface and creating spreadsheets with formulas, functions, and charts.
- Navigate Excel's "ribbon" menu interface
- Create a spreadsheet to organize data
- Format fonts, colors, styles and themes
- Perform basic calculations between cells
- Correctly reference cells so formulas still work when you insert rows
- Apply functions like AVERAGE(), MIN(), MAX(), and SUM()
- Designate print areas, page breaks, headers and footers
- Create and format bar and pie charts
- Generate instances of built-in Excel templates
- and much more! See the full outline for Excel Intro training.
Price: $295 for 6 hours.
Mar 9 9am - 4pm day - register
Mar 23 9am - 4pm day - register
Mar 30 9am - 4pm day - register
Apr 6 9am - 4pm day - register
► More dates
Learn Excel features that are most commonly used in business. Before taking this class you should be comfortable creating spreadsheets with formulas using cell references, such as those used in expense reports, financial statements, or sales data.
- Managing Workbooks: Names, colors, and inter-linking between them
- Customizing the Ribbon and Quick Access toolbar
- Creating Meaningful "Named Ranges" and "Defined Names"
- Sorting and Filtering Data Tables
- Removing Duplicates
- Structured References
- Data Validation, including Dropdown Lists
- Summarizing Data with Consolidation and Subtotals
- PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Conditional Formatting
- Custom Formats
- Adding Trendlines and Sparklines
- Using Quick Analysis Gallery
- Collaboration: Permissions, Sharing, and Protection
- and much more! See full outline for Excel Intermediate training
Price: $295 for 6 hours.
Mar 10 9am - 4pm day - register
Mar 24 9am - 4pm day - register
Mar 31 9am - 4pm day - register
Apr 7 9am - 4pm day - register
► More dates
Excel Lookups, Functions and Macros
Training focusing on the ecosystem of most-often used advanced Excel features typically found in complex spreadsheets with multiple dependencies, conditional logic and user interactivity.
- Logical Functions: IF(), AND/OR() and NOT()
- Decision-making Functions: COUNTIF() and SUMIF()
- Looking up Values: INDEX() and MATCH() versus VLOOKUP()
- Auditing, Tracing and Error-Trapping
- Array Formulas for Processing Data Groups
- Date and Time Functions
- Text Manipulation Functions
- Statistical and Forecast Functions
- PowerPivot for Processing Data from External Connections
- Cube Functions
- What-If Analysis: Watches, Scnearios, Goal Seek, and the Analysis ToolPak
- Macros And VBA
- Designing Forms with Buttons for User Interactivity
- Internationalization And Accessibility
- and much more! See full outline for Excel Lookups, Functions, and Macros training
Price: $350 for 6 hours.
Mar 11 9am - 4pm day - register
Mar 13 9am - 4pm day - register
Mar 25 9am - 4pm day - register
Apr 1 9am - 4pm day - register
► More dates
Microsoft Excel Training Reviews:
Rated 4.9/5 based on 18353 student reviews.
I found the class to be very helpful and the instructor really made it easy to understand and made excel less intimidating for me personally.
- Aneka Gordon, Marine General, Greenbae
Excellent. Instructor was clear and very knowledgeable of the subject matter. Pace was neither too fast nor too slow.
- Mary, Berkeley Unified, Berkeley
It was interesting and easier to pay attention to than I thought. I also learned a lot of tricks which is what I was hoping for! The instructor was really awesome! He made something that could be boring much more fun! I would recommend AcademyX just because the instructor was so great!
- Jennifer Fitzgerald, Citcy and County of SF, San Francisco
A great class. Very useful for people who want to know the basics of Excel and beyond! Lots of useful topics discussed and applicable to the workplace and personal knowledge.
- Gloria Ocampo, City of Berkeley
I've taken some Excel trainings in the past. This particular one was actually practical and helpful. I will definitely be using the information learned in my daily work.
- Student, San Francisco
The class was very informative and moved at a good pace. I was able to ask questions and received good feedback on the answers.
- Tina, Bananas, Oakland
Absolutely Fabulous!! THE BEST systems/application class I have ever taken. Very informative.
- Petite S.,
I love this class. It was very helpful and very informative. I feel comfortable going into the work place and working with the tools I learned today.
- Cristina Maldonado, Student, San Ramon