Excel Training in San Diego
Learn Excel formulas, functions, charts and more with hands-on training. We offer varied levels of fundamental Excel training as well as advanced Excel training and VBA. AcademyX's Excel classes can be taken in-person at our San Diego campus, or online with a live instructor. Training focuses on practical application of Excel in a business environment, sprinkled with useful tips & tricks and best practices.
Learn Excel basics: create, format, and edit spreadsheets, create charts and graphs, calculating with formulas and common functions, and more.
- Applying formulas such as autosum
- Formatting spreadsheets for visual effects and numeric formats
- Sorting and filtering data
- Inserting graphics and SmartArt diagrams
- Working with large spreadsheets
- Designating and controlling print areas
- Basic functions such as average, max, min, sum
- Extrapolating a pattern to autofill cells for dates or incremental counters
- Transposing data (switching columns and rows)
Price: $295 for 6 hours.
Mar 2 9am - 4pm day - register
Apr 1 9am - 4pm day - register
May 5 9am - 4pm day - register
Learn Excel features that are most commonly used in business. Work with advanced formulas, linked workbooks, and Pivot Tables.
- Applying proper formula syntax of special characters
- Working with different types of math operators and understanding the Order of Operations
- Using 3D formulasto combine data from different worksheets with the same workbook or file
- Linking cells from different workbooks and getting the latest information with automtic updates
- Consolidating data from different worksheets and workbooks
- Using Validation to improve the speed and accuracy of data entry
- Adding drop-down lists and pop-up explanantion boxes
- Creating and working with Pivot Tables
- Auditing formulas to discover and resolve errors
- Creating and editing workbook wemplates
- Using Conditional Formatting to make important numbers stand out
- Password protecting all or part of a workbook
Price: $295 for 6 hours.
Feb 28 9am - 4pm day - register
Mar 9 9am - 4pm day - register
Apr 8 9am - 4pm day - register
May 12 9am - 4pm day - register
- Understanding and working with different Count Functions to streamline your work
- Understanding and working with SumIf, SumIfs, and SumProduct
- Understanding and working with Average, AverageIf, and AverageIfs fucntions
- Leveraging VLookup to look up data in a column and Match and Index to lookup data in a column and row
- Calcuating papyments and interest rates on a loan with Pmpt and deriving the future value of an investment with FV
- Manipulating and extracting data with text fucntions
- Calculating date and time with date and time functions
- Nesting functions (combining functions - placing one function within another)
- Using Named Ranges in formulas and functions to refer to specific regions of a spreadsheet
- Creating Dynamic Ranges that automatically expand to include new data
- Using builtin "What-If" tools
- GOAL SEEK is a great tool when you know the answer you're looking for and need to change a single variable to achieve that goal. For example, what would the interest rate on a loan need to be in order to make your monthly payments a certain amount.
- SOLVER is a more powerful tool than Goal Seek. Solver helps you find solutions to problems involving multiple variables. It also allows you to set "Constraints" (limits to what Solver can do) so the results are realistic
- CENARIOS are a set of values that a user can create and then substitute at any time in the worksheet. The user can switch to any of these new scenarios to view different results in the worksheet.
- DATA TABLES allow you to analyze data and produce a table to show the results using one or two variables. For example, in a single table you can see the profitability of different combinations of unit prices and units sold.
- Automating common and repetitive tasks with macros (does not conver creating or editing VBA macros in this class)
- Adding buttons, sliders, and checkboxes to a worksheet with a "user-friendly" interface for less experienced users
Price: $295 for 6 hours.
Mar 16 9am - 4pm day - register
Apr 15 9am - 4pm day - register
May 19 9am - 4pm day - register
Microsoft Excel Training Reviews:
Rated 4.9/5 based on 18353 student reviews.
I didn't think I could learn that much from the intro class. Turned out I was wrong. A lot of stuff I didn't know about Excel, even in the intro class.
- Dean Scurries, Equinix
Very informative class and learned a lot about the basics of Excel. Pace wasn't too fast or slow so we were able to cover a lot of material but I was able to keep up. Learned a tremendous amount.
- Matthew Fields, Student
Amazing! The instructor was so helpful. Attentive to all the students different needs and learning styles. Really appreciate her detailed to attention and clear explanation and logic reasoning behind all the concepts.
- Sarah Horng, Carndinal Health
Excellent Class! Best trainer I've ever had, explained how to use excel which will help me at the office. Will recommend this class to my co-workers.
- Christopher Morales, State of California
Great. Really great teaching style. Very creative and free form, but thorough and detailed. I can't wait to turn in my first budget using the formulas and formatting I learned in this class. And this was only the Introduction!
- Aminta Steinbach, Be The Change Consulting
I thoroughly enjoyed the class. Trainer explained instructions in a way that everyone was able to follow along and understand. I really liked the idea of the hands on experience with access to a computer and being to actually work within the program. Also to be able to see exactly what the instructor was doing on her screen and not having to look up to the front of the class was very helpful and most efficient. Overall the class was educational and great.
- Jamie Kong
She was great. She taught us tips and tricks that I personally think that it will help my daily work easy since my new job requires a lot of Excel. She answers everyone's questions and very lively in class. In other words she was very entertaining that makes the learning experience easy.
- Nicole Pacheco, California Council of the Blind
I enjoyed it very much. Very informational and she kept things lively
- Angie Land, Marshall Medical