- Gain an understanding of HTML5's powerful new capabilities and learn which are supported by the major web browsers.
- Learn how to add some HTML5 features even to browsers that donâ€™t implement HTML5!
- See how HTML5 is implemented for iPhone/iPad and Android mobile devices.
- Access "Geolocation APIs" to determine the real-world locations where your users are - ideal for generating location-based content.
- Store application data offline â€“ a secure and flexible alternative to server-side data storage.
- Render images within a "drawable" area of the web page using the canvas tag.
- Perform image-processing at the pixel level on areas of a web page, and get image data from videos playing in the <video> tag.
- Learn when to create Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) as opposed to using the HTML5 canvas element.
- Build rich Internet applications (RIA) with offline storage to work with or without connectivity and drag and drop functionality.
- Easily add streaming, real-time data ("server-push") capabilities to your app with Web Sockets.
- Utilize Web Workers to run complex tasks in the background while allowing the user to continue viewing the website.
Rated 4.4/5 based on 34 student reviews.