- Gain an understanding of HTML5's powerful new capabilities and learn which are supported by the major web browsers.
- Learn how to add some HTML5 features even to browsers that donâ€™t implement HTML5!
- See how HTML5 is implemented for iPhone/iPad and Android mobile devices.
- Access "Geolocation APIs" to determine the real-world locations where your users are - ideal for generating location-based content.
- Store application data offline â€“ a secure and flexible alternative to server-side data storage.
- Render images within a "drawable" area of the web page using the canvas tag.
- Perform image-processing at the pixel level on areas of a web page, and get image data from videos playing in the <video> tag.
- Learn when to create Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) as opposed to using the HTML5 canvas element.
- Build rich Internet applications (RIA) with offline storage to work with or without connectivity and drag and drop functionality.
- Easily add streaming, real-time data ("server-push") capabilities to your app with Web Sockets.
- Utilize Web Workers to run complex tasks in the background while allowing the user to continue viewing the website.
Rated 4.4/5 based on 34 student reviews.
I thought the training was incredibly in-depth, far more than I was anticipating for understanding HTML 5. It wasn't just a cookie cutter approach to the feature set, it was a chance to look under the hood and understand better how mechanics of technologies work.
- Mike Pinzuti
I found it very useful. Instructor was enthusiastic in teaching us. Even though we were all at different skill levels, we all were able to get attention at those levels if be desired too.
- Bret Petersen, Organic Inc., San Francisco
Instructor is a fantastic trainer. He uses many analogies to make the information stick. I enjoyed his enthusiasm and passion.
- Brigitte Dodson, Chevron, San Ramon
- Daksh Jasra, Nagra USA Inc, Atlanta
Awesome. Instructor is very patient and a thorough communicator. Fun class.
- Hilary Collins, New Harbinger, San Francisco
The class was great, teacher is very knowledgeable and professional. Thank you! Class is very well structured and teacher is very helpful.
- Julia Vcherashny, City and County of SF
Awesome! The training was fun and the knowledge I gained are very useful.
- Selina Hu, Future US, South San Francisco
I learned a lot of new things about HTML5, JS and jQuery.
- VanThang "VT" Nguyen, Nagra, Mountain View