InDesign Training in San Francisco
Graphics professionals rely extensively on Adobe InDesign to create powerful layouts for print and digital publishing. This InDesign Fundamentals training in San Francisco will help you attain proficiency with InDesign's essential design, typographic and publishing features. In this course, you will learn to:
- Rapidly master the basics of InDesign.
- Author sophisticated documents and presentations enhanced with video and sound.
- Boost your efficiency by editing with the InDesign Story Editor.
- Employ master pages and styles to maintain consistency within a document or throughout an entire library.
- Manage the flow of text across pages with advanced text frame threading techniques.
- Simplify document revisions by grouping items.
- Use effective layout management techniques and document templates to minimize unnecessary repetition.
- Streamline the design process with object libraries and "snippets."
- Avoid document-wide reformatting headaches with InDesign's native ability to manage object spacing.
- Create accurate paths, pictures and type from free form drawings with the vector path tool.
- Work with multiple versions of a layout with InDesign's "layout comps" feature.
- Understand and control the leading, composition, hyphenation, and justification of a document's text.
- Manipulate typographical elements rapidly with shortcut keys.
- Include automatically-updating footnotes, endnotes, and tables of contents.
- Automatically apply text formatting rules based on specific conditions.
- And many more topics! See full outline for InDesign Fundamentals.
InDesign Training Reviews:
/5 based on
409 student reviews.
This class was fantastic! The instructor went a speed that allowed me to follow along, understand, and digest what I was doing. I learned so much and would love to take more classes!
- Christina Tognetti
, San Francisco Wine Exchange
This was a great way to cover a ton of basics in a short amount of time! Instruction was very clear and facilities were also great. It was the perfect intro to go figure out more things on my own.
- Erica Erle
The training was great! It was very informative and I love that it was hands on. I'm a visual learner so seeing the steps that the instructor was doing made the class 10x easier than expected. I'll continue to take courses here in the future!
- Isabella Siasoco
, EPIC Insurance
Enjoyed the small class environment and ability to practice on a computer while learning. Great that we are able to take notebooks home, they will be good tools for when questions arise as I'm working on creative documents at work and home.
- Lauren Wyer
, J Vineyards & Winery
, Healdsburg, CA
So useful! I didn't realize how much I could do with InDesign, and this was a great overview. Our instructor answered all our questions and was patient when I fell behind.
- Lily Bevis
The training was incredibly informative with a healthy amount of Design Principals mixed in with the Adobe instruction - giving the course a double-value.
- Michael Linder
, University of California - Office of the President
It was excellent, and exceeded my expectations. The instructor is the best instructor that I have had in a long while, she's a great educator, consistent with what she said she would review, was able to manage a class with various learning curves (always a plus)!
- Adele Pagan
, San Leandro
It was thorough and complete. I learned a lot of basics and shortcuts I was unaware existing, even after having used the program for a year. instructor set the perfect pace for this course.
- Ally Salazar
, CDC Small Business Finance
► More reviews...
* Note: This class description is for InDesign training in San Francisco. We also offer InDesign training in Sacramento, San Jose, Los Angeles, and San Diego.