Coding Class in San Francisco
language that is used to write everything from short scripts to full-blown applications, whether for web development, mobile phone
applications, or even systems administration.
This "Learn to Code" class in San Francisco teaches fundamental programming concepts to students with little or no coding experience.
The class starts from square one, showing how a simple line of code can produce output. Using examples and exercises, our training takes you from a complete newbie to a novice programmer in no time. By the end of the class, you will know how to:
- Approach problems like a professional programmer
- Create a simple dialog box and present a message
- Use variables to store names, phrases, and other bits of text and numbers
- Compare two items and run your code if they meet a condition
- Create re-usable code (functions) and execute them multiple times
- Create "objects" to represent real-world items (e.g., cars, people) with attributes and related actions
- and many more topics... See full outline for our Learn to Code class.
Coding Class Reviews:
/5 based on
I will be honest - I came in with minimal expectations for my ability to learn in a few sessions, and was somewhat shocked by A) my ability to pick things up quickly and B) my enthusiasm for coding in such a short period of time.
- Joy Carletti
, San Francisco
Friendly and encouraging instructor who made the class fun. Lots of practice time! I'm glad to take all the exercises with me to help me remember what I learned.
- Heidi Jugovic
, Colorado Springs
Very useful. I really liked the instructor. He is experienced and knows how to solve all kinds of problems students bring up. Unlike other instructors who only knows what's in solution files, he is open to various ways of solving problems. Great!
- Hyejin Kim
, San Francisco
It was wonderful with clarity and a good pace to follow and understand through practical scenarios.
- Ariff Shaik
, San Mateo
The curriculum was well organized but still flexible to the individual needs of the class members. The instructor really knows the technology and was able to help me grasp concepts that were over and above the curriculum.
- Brandon McMullin
Very approachable and hands-on.
- Caitlin Cronkhite
Well organized. Taught in a thoughtful way.
- Edward Hamilton
Great instructor and taught in a simple way in which everyone could keep up.
- Gonzalo Ramos
, Buenos Aires
► More reviews...
* Note: This class description is for our intro-level coding class in San Francisco. We also offer coding classes in Sacramento, San Jose and San Diego.