Administrative Essentials for New Admins - Lightning Experience
General OverviewExtensive and interactive, Administrative Essentials for New Admins in Lightning Experience is the core training that ensures your success with Salesforce Lightning. It's a must for new administrators, and we recommend completing this course before starting a Salesforce deployment or when taking over an existing deployment.
Who should take this training?New system administrators responsible for the setup, configuration, and maintenance of their organization's Salesforce applications. Other groups that would benefit from deepening their knowledge of Salesforce Lightning Experience, including power users, sales operations, and IT managers.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Customize your application, including page layouts, fields, tabs, and business processes in Lightning Experience.
- Learn how security settings created in Salesforce Classic are applied in Lightning.
- Maintain and import clean data in Lightning.
- Use Lightning features to create high-value reports and dashboards.
- Understand how workflow automation complies with Lightning.
This class is based on the Salesforce ADX201 class
See entire list of AcademyX's Salesforce classes here
Lessons and TopicsUnit 1: Getting Around the App
- Data Model and Navigation
- Lightning Experience
- Help & Training
- Setting Up the Company Profile
- Configuring the User Interface
- Setting Up Activities and Calendars
- Configuring Search Settings
- Setting Up Chatter Groups
- Mobile Access with Salesforce1
- Managing User Profiles
- Managing Users
- Setting Up Chatter Free Users and Invites
- Troubleshooting Login Issues
- Restricting Logins
- Determining Object Access
- Setting Up Record Access
- Creating a Role Hierarchy
- Dealing with Record Access Exceptions
- Managing Field-level Security
- Administering Standard Fields
- Creating New Custom Fields
- Creating Selection Fields: Picklists and Lookups
- Creating Formula Fields
- Working with Page Layouts
- Working with Record Types and Business Processes
- Maintaining Data Quality
- Import Wizards
- Data Loader
- Mass Transfer
- Backing Up Data
- Mass Delete and Recycle Bin
- Running and Modifying Reports
- Creating New Reports with the Report Builder
- Working with Report Filters
- Summarizing with Formulas and Visual Summaries
- Printing, Exporting, and Emailing Reports
- Building Dashboard
- Email Templates
- Workflow Rules
- Process Builder
- Lead Automation
- Managing and Resolving Cases
- Customizing a Support Process
- Automating Support
- Understanding the Salesforce Console for Service
- Collaborating in the Service Cloud
- Analyzing Support Data
Note: Since these classes are already discounted, other AcademyX discounts cannot be applied to them.