Tableau Training in San Francisco
Tableau is a data visualization tool, perfect for creating the kinds of charts and graphs that can be so difficult to, or even impossible, to create in Excel. Whether you're new to Tableau or a long-time fan, you'll get a chance to learn and/or refresh-on Tableau Basics with formal training. At the end of this instructor-led, Tableau training in San Francisco, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Use statistical techniques to describe your data.
- Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations.
- Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
- Share your visualizations with others.
- Combine your visualizations into interactive dashboards and publish them to the web.
- Represent your data using various visualization types.
- Tables and Color Conditioned Tables
- Charts, Area Charts, Combination Charts
- Scatter Plots and Confidence Bands
- Histograms, Bar in Bar, Box Plots
- Maps, Symbol Maps, Heat Maps
- and much more! See full outline for Tableau training
Tableau Course Reviews:
Rated 4.6/5 based on 132 student reviews.
It was great course for those who are beginning with Tableau. I have tried Udemy and other online courses but nothing can be compared to the in person training. I cannot wait to start using Tableau for all my visualization needs. I highly recommend who are starting with Tableau.
- Lavanyaa, PaxVax, Redwood City
Very thorough guidance through the basic functions of Tableau. Great attention to detail regarding all the intricacies of each option within the software. It seemed like a daunting task to master this application but she made it seems easy.
- Alex Bishop SmartBiz, San Francisco
It was very thorough. I liked that the instructor showed us how to do everything through her screen situated next to ours. It was informal in that we could interrupt and ask questions which was helpful. Instructor was good about answering a question and bringing it back to the purpose of the lesson. No tangents! Love that. I am excited to bring all this info back to the data I use at work.
- Lauren Graves, University of San Francisco, San Francisco
Really thorough. Super helpful to be in person walking through everything and the instructor was willing to walk over to your computer and immediately spot what was off. I feel like I now have a very good understanding of what is possible in Tableau and understand how some of the dashbards I've interacted with were designed on the back end. Loved how many visualizations we walked through with our one dataset.
- Emily, Unity, San Francisco
It was great. Lots of information. Book is exactly what we were covered which makes it an amazing reference for the future.
- Heydi Garcia, UCSF, San Francisco
Instructor is very knowledgeable and patient with teaching Tableau Fundamentals.
- Allison Jing Huang, Public Health Institure, Oakland
Very good introduction. Nice pace. Teacher was very good at not assuming that anyone had any particular level of understanding of the product. There was lots of information covered. She made sure to reiterate some of the information which I think will make it easier to remember.
- Kim Lane The Claremont colleges Services, Claremont
It was AWESOME!!!!
- Rachael M. Ratcliff Jeffries, Kaiser Permanente, Pleasanton