XML Training in San Francisco
XML (Extensible Markup Language) is a flexible, text-based language that allows you
to use custom tags to structure data so that it can be exchanged with other programs
and people, regardless of the programming language or operating system they're using.
Although it is not a programming language itself, XML is increasingly used with
programming languages and databases in e-commerce, websites, content management
applications, and more.
Our XML training series will familiarize you with the most important features of the
language, so you will be comfortable creating your own tags and reading XML files.
You will learn practical applications of XML, beginning with an address book and
recipe collection. The XML training in San Francisco will cover how to:
- Write XML that is syntactically and logically correct (well-formed)
- Establish document type definitions (DTDs) that establish rules for what is considered a valid XML file
- Use the most modern set of rules (XML Schemas) to set up the structure of complicated XML files
- write CSS files that add color, positioning, and other formatting styles to your raw XML
- Differentiate the same tags when used by different industries (XML namespaces)
- Link data using XLink, the XML linking language
- Choose between various XML APIs such as DOM and SAX
- Work with data binding frameworks
- and much more! See full outline for XML training
XML Training Reviews:
/5 based on
This was the best technical training class I have taken. Ever. Instructor was great. She was patient and always eager to answer questions. What a great experience!
- Dave Barcelona
, San Francisco
The instructor was wonderful - as always!! She's so clear and concise with her teaching. She gives many examples to explain concepts, along with very helpful analogies. She pays very close attention to her students and their needs. She's so conscientious she even asks if we have any questions or concerns based on our facial expressions. The information was quite dense. After lunchtime, and definitely by the end of the second day, the class would become a bit overwhelmed with all the information. Somehow she kept the class lively and alert by her jokes and her wonderful personality. After taking her class, I feel that I have a pretty strong foundation in XML.
- Ruth de Jesus
This was a great class and I really like the instructor's teaching methods. He was very engaging and led a dynamic and comprehensive class.
- Laura Wolfgang
, Chronicle books
, San Francisco
Very good. A lot of information to learn in three days but it was good to cover a wide range of topics that we can study in depth on our own time.
- John Felt
The instructor was very good. I was taking the class as a refresher course, and it met my general expectations.
- Ira Phillips
, State of California
- Mark Cahill
, Odyssey Safaris LLC
, Walnut Creek
Very helpful as I add to my professional skills. Excellent explanations and examples in class.
- Scott McNall
Basic course and instructor is very knowledgeable.
- Rosemarie McKeon
, Indigenous Mapping Network
► More reviews...
* Note: This class description is for XML training in San Francisco. We also offer XML training in Sacramento and San Jose.