- Understand HTML5's capabilities and gain an understanding of the current ability of each major browser to handle HTML5 content.
- Learn advanced techniques to coax browsers to support HTML5 features.
- Gain a thorough understanding of HTML5 functionality on the iPhone and iPad, and on Android mobile devices.
- Understand and serve your site visitors better by identifying their geographic locations.
- Create a rich user experience with drag and drop functionality, rich-text document editing and local storage to keep working even while offline.
- Use the canvas tag to generate an area in which images can be displayed.
- Draw on HTML5's ability to use image data from <video> tag content, and manipulate images at the pixel-level on areas of a web page.
- Create and insert Scalable Vector Graphics into HTML5 webpages, and learn when SVG is more efficient than the HTML canvas element.
- Incorporate sophisticated features such as inline document editing and the ability to operate smoothly, even with lapses in connectivity.
- Publish data in real-time without requiring page refreshes using Server-Sent events and Web Sockets.
- Ensure user experience continuity while running complex scripts in the background using the Web Workers API.
Rated 4.7/5 based on 5 student reviews.
"Great&mbsp;very customized pace and curriculum. Covered all topics that the class requested and provided an organic but structured format to optimize learning the subject and topics."
- Marcus Lee, Wells Fargo
"SUPERB!!!!!!! The class is one of the top useful classes that I have ever taken. I am walking out from the class and able to start working on project without any hesitance. [The instructor] is a great teacher and a good listener. VERY PRACTICAL class. No bleh and blah!!!"
- Student, SAP