InDesign Training in San Jose
Adobe InDesign is the industry-standard software application for graphic design and layout for print or web production. This InDesign Fundamentals training in San Jose will give you the practical perspective and hands-on training required to gain proficiency with InDesign's core design, typographic and publishing features. In this class, you will learn to:
- Rapidly master the basics of InDesign.
- Create complex documents, including magazines and books, for print or web publication.
- Separate text editing and design tasks with InDesign's powerful Story Editor.
- Apply styles and master pages for a consistent look and feel across documents.
- Employ text frame threading to manage the flow of text throughout a longer document.
- Understand the power of object grouping to simplify the revision process.
- Apply document templates and layout management techniques to avoid unnecessary repetition.
- Keep frequently-used colors, gradients and tints accessible with a custom palette of InDesign "swatches."
- Streamline your work flow with "snippets" and object libraries.
- Allow InDesign to automatically manage object spacing to lessen the need for manual positioning.
- Manually or numerically transform the position and size of an object.
- Use "layout comps" to simultaneously compare multiple versions of a document.
- Exert precision control over a document's typography precisely with leading, composition, hyphenation and justification.
- Learn shortcuts to accomplish more, faster with InDesign.
- Index long documents for improved usability and faster navigation.
- Automate updates to footnotes, endnotes and tables of contents.
- And many more topics! See full outline for InDesign training.
Rated 4.8/5 based on 86 student reviews.
Excellent. Instructor was very informative and he went at an appropriate speed for the entire class to learn effectively. The class size was small enough to be able to get individual help without slowing down the entire class.- Ashlee Jones , ChemoCentryx , Mountain View
I thought it was good, I liked that it was a small class and hands on.- Charolette MacMillan , KBM Workspace , San Jose
The training was excellent. I learned more than I could have expected in just two days. Instructor was great--so knowledgable, funny and patient.- Elena Rhodes , Stevenson School , Pebble Beach, CA
This class was very informational and I retained a lot of what I learned. I am very excited to apply what I have learned. I highly recommend this course! The examples instructor went over were very helpful. He is very knowledgeable, helpful and resourceful.- Erika Peterson , ICE Safety Solutions, Inc. , Fremont
Good. There is a lot to learn in two days but instructor covered the most usefull and basic items to help us feel comfortable to do more n our own.- Gillian , Individual , San Jose
Great overall training on the fundamentals for Indesign- Helen Chan , Alliance Fiber Optic Products , Sunnyvale
The class was very informative and the instructor was fantastic. I liked the pace that we went; not too slow and not too fast.- Jenn Powell , Level 10 Construction , Sunnyvale, CA
Superb! Instructor was patient, knowledgeable and thorough. I feel that he has given me the material to really get started with designing newsletters, flyers and brochures with confidence. Great instructor.- John Williams , Stanford University , Palo Alto
► More reviews...